Directorate of Electronic Media and Publications (DEMP) is an attached Department of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Before partition this Directorate existed in the name of Indian Information Services with its HQs in Bombay. After partition, it was named as Department of Advertising and Publications. A film unit was attached and renamed as Department of Advertising, Films & Publications in 1947 in Karachi which later became DEMP’s regional office. Electronic Media Relation Wing was formed in July 2009, merged and renamed as Directorate of Electronic Media & Publications (DEMP) on 11th September, 2012.
- Monitoring of Electronic Media.
- Tracking and monitoring of public sector advertisements.
- Films/ Documentaries (depicting history and culture of Pakistan)
- Building a real image of Pakistan through publications (Books/Magazines/Brochures)
- Exhibitions on special occasions.
- Patronage of literary circles (Halqa-e-Ahbab)
- Custodian of National Anthem
Directorate disseminates information regarding National policies, achievements & programs of the government by developing close rapport with electronic media persons for creating an informed opinion. DEMP produces, preserves and distributes the current and archival documentaries and publications with rare record on Pakistan Movement, as a credible source of reference at home and abroad. DEMP has also commissioned a state of the art Media Monitoring and Tracking Centre which can simultaneously monitor up to 50 plus TV Channels.
Transmission certificate of Ad-tracking: Public sector Advertisement Tracking broadcasted on the electronic media
Reports support and improve the process of decision making for result-oriented media management of the Government.